03/02/2008

Wellington --> Blenheim

Hi all


Yes, I returned back home in Wellington last week, but will be moving soon again. No, not for another cycling trip (however, I would have liked that as well!). After my experiences on the job market in Wellington I had to decide on what to do next. So, I have decided to learn a totally different skills set and start a two year Diploma in Viticulture and Wine Production in Blenheim starting next Monday. This is a very hands-on course where I will learn a lot about the soils, vines, grapes, harvest, production of wine and marketing. The only thing about wine I know at the moment is whether I like the taste of it or not.

In the mean time I have found a small room to rent in Blenheim. I will share the house with the landlady and another flatmate. This will be a huge change for me; I will have a real 'student life' for the next two years. Apart from that, Marco and I will live separated for most of the time, since we can't afford to travel every weekend. In a way decisions like this are more difficult than deciding to move to the other side of the world. On the other hand, I never planned to live in New Zealand and do the same stuff as I did in The Netherlands, so this is at least a step into a new life and only time can tell.........

Since this will again be some kind of an adventure, I will try to write about my whereabouts in Blenheim between the vines. Maybe it will be as successful as Chris Stewart's "Driving over Lemons"? (http://www.sortof.co.uk/Lemons/)

Cheers

Anita





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terug naar het studentenleven, ik wens jullie HEEL veel succes, en wie weet kan ik ooit een glaasje Cuvee d'Anita komen drinken?

Anonymous said...

Good on ya Anita;
Life it too short !
Als Marco een avondje wil gaan drinken, dan hoor ik het wel ;-)

Pim
A1 Webdesign
New Plymouth

Anonymous said...

Nou das lef hebben!!!! Veel succes (eb vooral plezier natuurlijk) btw ik ben door de eerste tests van de politie heen.

Anonymous said...

Hoi Anita,

Krijg je toch weer met vloeistoffen te maken,maar je hebt er de binnenvaart (nog) niet bij nodig??.

Losts of succes!

Anton Groeneveld