25/11/2009

251105 - 251109 A World of Difference

Today four years ago I arrived on the airport of Auckland with a Residency Visa, a suitcase full of stuff, lots of dreams, hopes and a wish for adventures and challenges.

The adventures and challenges have come on my way, that's for sure (and still will come). I could not have guessed then that I would be living in a flatting situation and working in a vineyard now.

The big question always is whether your life has improved by emigrating. This is difficult to answer, because of the many changes I have gone through, that not all were related to the emigration itself. Overall I think I have gained a lot of experience and got to know myself (even) better. I definitely have learned to enjoy the small things in life much better and I am able to live under basic conditions and still be happy (at least not less happy than I was with my life back in Holland).

So, yes I am still in New Zealand and planning to stay here for a bit longer, but who knows what else will come on my way.........








3 comments:

Hanneke said...

Well you know what it takes and good wine takes years, careful storage and all that... New Zealand grows on you I think, well it does on me ;)

Lux said...

Lots of good wineries in Hawkes Bay :) glad to hear you are hanging in there and seeing a lot of NZ :)

Anonymous said...

hi Anita,

how are things with you ?

keep us updated what keeps you busy

Cheers
Pim