07/09/2009

Student Life....

The last few weekends I have been active with tramping etc. but suddenly real student life started again, although…….

Last week we ended the week on Friday with a trip to Picton and watching and listening to a Jazz duo in one of the café’s there. Not a lot of people attended the performance, but the atmosphere was nice and the singer and guitarist were a pleasure to the ears. It is still a miracle to me why it is so difficult in Blenheim to find gigs like that.

The next day we had a bbq party at one of the classmate’s. It was nice to have a party again after quite a while and we had a nice time chatting, drinking and dancing. On the Sunday unfortunately the weather was really bad and thus not a lot of excitement was to be found outdoors. Luckily there is always homework and study, although after a night partying that is not easy to get your head around at, so it was more like a lazy Sunday.

My regular weeks at the moment consist around a Monday at school, Tuesday/Wednesday work, Thursday school and Friday work. Last Thursday we checked out one of the newly opened restaurants in town. The food was enjoyable but the service was not on an acceptable standard to us, mainly Europeans. Maybe we are too fuzzy? Then it was time to relax a bit on Friday night at home with a movie. Since my injury earlier this year I have seen a huge amount of movies. More than I have seen during the rest of my life, with exception of course of the Film Festivals visited in Rotterdam, where I often watching 4/5 movies a day.

On Saturday we had some people around for dinner and that was another pleasant night with some good wines. And what was on the menu?...Mauricio’s Pizza again!

In the mean time the end of the course comes in sight – only around 2.5 months to go!!! So it is getting time that I decide on what to do next. However, there are a few possibilities and it is hard to figure out what would be best. Basically the choices I have are:

· Working full time at my current work at The Crossings where I have another year’s contract
· Studying full time for my bachelor’s degree in wine production and viticulture, either in Blenheim or Christchurch
· Studying part time for bachelor’s degree – or via distance learning
· Trying to find job in other part of New Zealand
· Going overseas to gain more experience in a different country – choices could be Spain, France, Italy, Chile or Argentina.

Anyone who has an idea about any of these or other options, I am open to anything at the moment. So bring on the ideas, please!

Cheers,
Anita

1 comment:

Hanneke said...

Sound easy perhaps, but I think you should do what your gut feeling tells you ;)

(And all those others that read but don't reply.. it only takes a minute!)