01/07/2009

Back to work and school….and finish of the first semester….

It has been a long time, since I have been writing about my whereabouts here in lovely Blenheim. This has nothing to do with ‘from the eye from the heart’ – at least not from my side.

Let me tell a bit about the last months. A while ago I reached my short term goal of being able to drive to work again and since then I did two or three days a week, every time a bit longer. I did basic, mainly laboratory work, in the winery and could still have a look around and learn from the international, European crew that was in their final stage of the vintage then. It is really disappointing that I have not been able to work more closely and longer together with them, because they have a very valuable amount of knowledge among them. But that’s life…..

From the beginning of May I was back at school and it was great to hear the stories of the class mates on their experiences during the vintage in the different Marlborough wineries. There is a huge difference between the several companies and it seems that I am – although it is a long drive away – at one of the better places.

In the mean time I have experienced a lot of other activities in the winery and laboratory that my classmates haven’t done and I handed in my winery experience assignment, the last bit that needed to be done after the exams. Yes, exams were done last week and I am convinced with a positive result, although it won’t be as good as last year, but who cares…….. After the exams it was time to wind down and that is what I did during the past weekend – just recovered from it actually…..

The last two months it was ‘full on’ for me, juggling around work and study and still not fully recovered. At the moment I will be at around 80% of my physical ability. Today I started a programme in the gym that is lead by my physiotherapist. This way I should get my body and mind strength back, so I will be better prepared for the rest of my career. It was funny to be on a bicycle again in the gym; that has been a few months which is very unusual for me, as you might understand.

At the moment I am very much looking forward to finally heading out of Blenheim. The weekend will be spent in Nelson/Golden Bay area and should be a nice distraction from the walls of my room/house and Blenheim. The weather forecast is not very good unfortunately, but I am not too worried about that at the moment.

Cheers,
Anita

1 comment:

Hanneke said...

I'm sure the Golden By peace of mind will give you some good vibes to get the good dnergy from you need :)