08/12/2008

Goodbye to my life in Wellington

Once again I was very lucky with crossing Cook Strait from Picton to Wellington. It was a lovely, calm and sunny day and although it is a long trip it went very smoothly. I could relax a little bit although there were a lot of school parties on board – youngsters running around etc.

My first stop in Wellington was one of the bars in Courtenay Place to catch up with friends. After some wodka’s I decided to head back to Karori, to my ‘old home’. And after a nice bottle of Spanish wine it was time to collapse in my bed.
The next day we had organised a gathering with friends to mark the fact that this will be my ‘goodbye’ to Wellington and our splitting up. One of our good friends even brought a nice ‘splitting up’ cake (see pictures). I really enjoyed having a good time with friends in Wellington and enjoyed all the nice food and drinks everyone brought with them (I have to apologise to all the people I forced to drink my own wines, that were of doubtable quality, sorry!).



Then another highlight of the weekend: the concert by Alicia Keys. Marco and I had bought tickets for the concert months ago. We had seen her about 5 years ago during a Jazz Festival in The Netherlands and were impressed by her ability to play the piano and by the quality of her voice. This time the concert was a bit different. More running and screaming, but still a lot of good, quieter moments. Overall it was a very diverse concert and the crowd liked it!
Next day again it was Monday night and so……. Girls Daiquiri Night. This marked the last ‘party’ in Wellington for me for a while now. And after packing my stuff to take with me to Blenheim and sorting out some finances and lawyer’s stuff it is time to get back home. I will jump on the ferry back tomorrow and try to fit everything in my small room.

Cheers,
Anita

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tja, in ieder geval een feestje dan toch. Taart en drank. Dat kan slechter, al is de aanleiding toch ook wel minder fijn. Dubbel zeg maar.
Take care, both of you!

Marrisa said...

Such a small world! I cannot not only believe you were on my doorstep but also you were in the crowd at Alicia Keys too!! Check out my post about the concert, you might see yourself! xx