02/06/2008

Study time!

The weather has been great for a few weeks and I took some time to explore another part of the Wither Hills walkway on a Saturday (this is next to Blenheim). Since it was a bit chilly in the morning I went dressed in jeans and jumper, but I seemed to be the odd one out (as usual). The kiwis were all dressed in shorts and shirts and were walking/running on the paths. What a sportive bunch of people they are! I was jealous and will think of this next time I head to the hills. Up to now the only place I run a bit is in the gym; I am getting into some kind of a routine by now and the condition is absolutely improving.

The week was spent with the usual school attendance and assignment writing and finally I finished them all and am ready for the last bit of study before the exams.

But first Marco had planned another trip to sunny Blenheim. Unfortunately, the sky was overcast when he arrived (but still much better weather here than where he left 15 minutes earlier!). He had a big surprise for me – being a Hurricanes Jersey.


The jersey worn by the Wellington Region Rugby team, that I cheered to the semi-finals earlier in Wellington. They had to play their biggest rivals this weekend. So, I wore the new jersey and we went to the pub, but it turned out to be a bad evening. The Hurricanes lost with high numbers. It was like the indoor soccer match with the classmates earlier on. We do our best, but it just is not good enough.

We have spent the rest of the weekend touring around the wineries for a bit again and driving the Queen Charlotte Drive. This is a beautiful road along the Queen Charlotte Sound on the northern tip of the South Island between Havelock and Picton.

The weekend flew by and before I knew Marco was on the plane back home and school started again. Back into the routine (last week of this semester).

Unfortunately, we are experiencing some problems with one of the lots of our Pinot Noir. This has developed a growth of bacteria, that is spoiling the taste of the wine and we are with help of the tutors trying to solve the problem and figuring out what has happened.

I also managed to find myself a job again. I am supervising the school library a view hours in the week, so the library can be open longer hours for the students. It does not bring in a lot of money, but it is easy work and most of the time I can do some reading and studying, so not bad at all.

Back to study now – catch you later,

Anita

No comments: